Circle of Luminaries Award
Inaugurated on the occasion of Canada’s 150th birthday at the annual IWFC AGM and conference, this new Award created by the International Women’s Forum of Canada honours outstanding IWFC members, either living or posthumously, according to a set of predetermined criteria. Members are nominated by their peers and are chosen on the basis of how they best exemplify or have exemplified the spirit and philosophy of the organization by reflecting its mission and values, have made a significant contribution to it and its members at any level (locally, nationally or internationally), and have been active examples of furthering women’s leadership in Canada and beyond.
A selection committee was formed of members who are either board members at the chapter or national level, or who have previously served on the board. Nominees were solicited from all chapters through the website and communications by the President, with an effort to have women from different backgrounds, professions and regions represented at each edition of the awards. In 2017, this was the case with nominees from across the country.
Award winners were selected according to the following criteria:
- Contributions to IWFC at a local and at a national level
- Impact or involvement at an international level
- Capacity to support and further the mission of IWF Canada (to develop and exercise women’s leadership and to leverage our global network)
- Demonstration of IWF Canada’s values (integrity, professionalism, camaraderie and respect)
- Recognition as a leader in her community, locally and internationally