A Holiday Message from IWFC President, Ellen Moore
It has been my honor to serve as your President since being elected at our Montreal AGM in June. As we all know, I had big shoes to fill following Karen Oldfield's term but did have the benefit of serving as her Vice President for two years. With our strong governance model, continuity at the IWFC Board level is ensured so we can provide consistency and ever-improving clarity of purpose of the Mission and Mandate of our Forum. For the last few years the Board has been working on fine-tuning our Strategic Plan which is focused on three core initiatives. We have an annual workplan that is our guide to execution throughout the year. Each major portfolio also has an annual operating plan. These documents will soon be added to the Forum website.
What has the Board been up to since it was convened in June:
- We meet nine times a year, three of which are in person Two of the in person meetings have been conducted, August in Toronto where we confirmed our 2017-2018 Board work plan referenced above and one in Montreal in December with emphasis on our Partnership portfolio, operating budget and next steps in the 2019 Canadian Forum hosted conference.
- We have very successfully transitioned Executive Directors from Chamika Ailapperuma to Alexis Heatherington;
- The Forum is now on a new, ultimately more agile and versatile web platform: Silkstart. Alexis has been working with each chapter for education and training. As we all appreciate, new technology takes a bit to get adjusted to. You can find the new site at: https://iwf.silkstart.com/cpages/home
- The Partnership Committee lead by Dana Ades-Landy, has completed its first order of business, a cataloging of Canadian women's networks and programming. This is being refined and will be shared with Chapter Chairs in January.
- Sharon London-LIss and Lisa Borsook have begun to work across our Forum in establishing committees for the 2019 Conference. We will provide periodic updates on progress with the agenda, fundraising and how each of us can stay involved. It is an exciting time as a Forum and will much needs to be done in the first half of 2018 for a successful conference in early November 2019. If you haven’t already done so please use the following link to sign-up for the 2019 Toronto Conference Event Committees: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1QeY1jKqFJf4lNgkFqnPYb6-hb02qfxidf4tQztFCgsE/edit#gid=0
There is much on the go for 2018 and your Forum Board is excited about executing key elements of our Strategic Plan that make us an organization that is promoting women's leadership in Canada, is relevant to our membership for networking and chapter programming that is both informative and fun.
May your holiday time with family and friends be both joyful and restful. Looking forward to seeing you in the New Year.